Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Firsts

Today was a regular Tuesday, but it held some exciting firsts in my fledgling little life. I thought I'd document them.
1. I stopped at the grocery store after work today and walked out with a bag containing ONLY the items on my list. This was about five items. I was exceedingly proud.
2. One of the items was a whole rotisserie chicken. Mom used to get these sometimes on a rush-rush night, and tonight was one of those for us. We ate less than half of it, so after dinner, I picked clean my first chicken carcass. Not a particularly pleasant task. Something I'm glad I don't have to do often. But bearable. And it made for a (hopefully) tasty chicken salad for the next few days.
3. I joined my first book club tonight! A friend of mine had a few ladies over for a book night - a chance to share what we've been reading recently and what we might recommend. At the end of the evening, one of the ladies suggested that we make this into an official book club since we all seemed to like each other's suggestions and had similar preferences. I look forward to sharing this special group with some wonderful ladies.

Perhaps our lives need more firsts. In my quest for order, I often lack the fresh feeling of new things. May this Tuesday be a lesson to me: firsts are good. New is good. Change is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment