Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Merry

It's Christmas Eve. The year is nearing its end, and I'm looking forward to preparing for 2012. For today, though, I reflect on a few delights of Christmas.

1. Tom, our new Christmas bear. Mom used to get Sister and me each a stuffed animal for Christmas and Husby has revived the tradition this year with a Christmas bear which sits on the bookshelf above my stocking. We have named him Tom and I'm pretty excited that he's joined our family.


2. These homemade caramels which our neighbor/landlord made. I can't stop eating them!


3. The greens I cut from the cemetery next door and placed around the house. I didn't realize they were supposed to be in water, so they're all turning a bit brown by now. But they still lend a cozy Christmas atmosphere.


4. The Nantucket Cranberry Pie that's in the oven. I'm taking this to my in-laws' house for our Christmas celebration this afternoon.


5. Merry Christmas ribbon I got at Michael's. Loved wrapping presents with it!


6. Our cute tree on the windowsill.


7. Vintage ornaments, like this one from Husby's mom.


8. Christmas cards, especially this one from my favorite client at work. She painted this.


Merry, Merry!

Hark! The herald angels sing, "Glory to the Newborn King! Peace on earth and mercy mild; God and sinners, reconciled." Joyful, all ye nations rise! Join the triumph of the skies! With angelic host proclaim, "Christ is born in Bethlehem!" Hark! The herald angels sing, "Glory to the Newborn King!"

No comments:

Post a Comment