Sunday, March 18, 2012

Lamb

Springtime is for babies. Baby flowers pushing up through dusty earth in tiny green bullets. Baby birds hatching from speckled eggs. Baby lambs.

A few weeks ago, Husby and I went to see the play at his school, The Secret Garden,
and this little sweetpea played Dickon's lamb. I got to pet him after the show.
I get carried away with baby love in the spring (don't worry - no baby for me yet) and I just want to see little cuties everywhere I look. Husband thinks animal motifs disrupt the true meaning of Easter, and he's right, but how can you not just love this little Easter bunny?

He's my lockscreen wallpaper on my phone 

Fortunately, Husband did see to reason and agree to let me make a little Easter decoration for the living room. I wanted silhouettes of Easter animals, but it was much harder than you might think to find nice animal shadows. I finally found a lamb and a bunny I was happy with. Then I downloaded a springy seamless wallpaper from patterns.ava7.com and placed it behind the silhouettes. I printed them out, framed them, and set them on my half-table where I already had my little nest, a Ten Thousand Villages purchase from last spring.



Pete even admitted that he liked them when I got them finished.
I think it would look even better if I could have made the animal separate from the background. I didn't have a real Springy scrapbook paper, but if I did, I would have printed out just the silhouettes, cut them out, and then placed them on top of a Spring backdrop in the frame. It would add depth.


Maybe next time.

Hope Spring babies brighten your week! Watch for the baby eagles who will probably be hatching this week!

3 comments:

  1. I just had a rare DIY inspiration! You should get one of those shadow box (or whatever they're called) frames -- I see them all the time at TJMaxx or Marshalls. Like white or black boxes that you can hang -- with things in them to create a depth -- do you know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. also this is heidi. haha i clicked on your fish story and then ended up clicking on the link to this and reading through ( i have a mtg in a few minutes that i am avoiding prepping for)...love the vases btw!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, why are there no posts on your Discombobulated Life?

      Delete