Friday, June 24, 2011

A Few Favorite Things

1. I've rediscovered rice cakes. How did I forget these existed? They are the snacks of childhood. Of Pioneer Clubs and kindergarten. Yet they are suprisingly delicious, healthy, and filling to have on hand in a desk drawer at work. I love ALDI's brand, the lightly salted variety.

2. Neutrogena Naturals, Purifying Pore Scrub. I bought this for the packaging. White. Green. The word "Natural." I love it. It's a much finer scrub than I've ever used before, more like a wet fine white sand rather than a gel with beads in it. It's delightful.

3. Twila Paris's A Heart that Knows You. I think this was my first CD. I pulled it out again this week to listen to in the car on the way to work. Starting my day with songs that uplift and encourage, pointing me to God is undeniably effective. Now, more than 10 years after its release, this CD is moving my life again. The title song seems especially applicable as I fight the temptation to be dissatisfied with my life. Lyrics run, "A heart that knows You is a heart that can wait, die to the dearest desire. A heart that knows You is a heart that can still celebrate, following love through the fire. It may be for my sake, or just to help me grow. Maybe for your kingdom, Lord. I don't need to know." I am encouraged, as this song has begun to take hold in my mind and run through my brain throughout the day, that I don't need to know the reasons that things happen in my life. It's enough to know God and to trust that He will never lead where He has not been. And if my heart is fixed on Him, I can walk through anything without fear, anxiety, or need. I can set my desires aside, waiting on Him to answer every prayer in His own time and way. Ultimately, it is for my good and for His glory. What a treasured thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment