Friday, April 6, 2012

The Sixth Day of April

Four years ago today I was doing this:


Yes, making a snow angel. In the grass, out in the backyard of Number Eight, Crick Road, Oxford, England. It was one week after Easter, and we woke up to a coating of snow over everything.

We built a snowman.


We threw snowballs.


And for a time, we forgot about our massive papers which were due in just a few days.


I remember April 6th of four years ago with great fondness. At my core, I'm a past-dweller. I thrive on nostalgia and happy memories. At times, this can remove me from the present and doom me to wasted hours spent wishing for the good old days. But remembering a day like April 6th, 2008 is inevitable.

Happy Snow Day-iversary!


May there always be snow somewhere on the sixth day of April!

No comments:

Post a Comment